Thursday, October 9, 2008
We're alive!
I'm now able to understand why my friends who have been married disappear for six months to a year. There's simply SO MUCH to unpack, set up, arrange, rearrange, learn, change, etc. The weirdest thing is scheduling. I live 5 minutes away from my work site, I'm no longer in grad school, I'm not new to teaching, and I don't spend 4+ hours a day on the phone with Robb (thank goodness - that would be odd at this point) ;-) Basically, I should have MORE time, not less - but trying to fit everything in is very difficult. I suppose that's why they call the first year the adjustment period, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blessed
We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...
-
Well, we've finally got some news. Thursday morning at 7:30 I was fixing my breakfast when a loud knock called me to the door. I opened ...
-
For the last five days bedtime has gone quite well, and I really have to give kudos to Robb for this one. While I did suggest that we make a...
-
In the last two months my hair has gone from this: To this: To this (whoops!): To this (taken today): I actua...
2 comments:
Hmmm..."scheduling"...is that what they call it these days?
Hah! Just wait till you have kids, sister!!! Then you'll REALLY die... mwah ah ah!
They may be really cute, but they're little time-vampires. ;-)
But yes, I do remember what that initial drop off the face of the social stratosphere felt like...
Post a Comment