Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sick Discovery

Now, many of you are previously acquainted with strep throat.  I somehow managed to avoid it my entire life - including my first three years of teaching - until now.  Apparently someone, somewhere decided it's time for me to make up on lost time, and I'm now sick with strep throat for the second time in four weeks.  Sucks!!!

Headache, nausea, dizziness, listlessness, body aches, fever...not to mention the intense pain in your throat due to HUGELY swollen glands.  Sigh...I guess there is one bit of silver lining:  as a coworker who had it five times in one school year said, "If nothing else, it's very effective at making you lose weight!"  Yippee.  ;-)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Five times in one year - YIKES! Here's hoping you don't repeat her record. I'm glad you have understanding and sympathy at work, though. Hopefully that means they'll help a little when you need it? Take care, literally!

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...