Monday, October 13, 2008

Kids are funny

So a while back my students had to take a test to measure their proficiency in English.  (Remember, these kids are in a bilingual school program, and each year they get less Spanish and more English.  In second grade it's still 70% Spanish and only 30% English).

The students were shown a picture similar to this:



They then had to describe what they saw in one sentence.  Most kids said things like "The puppies are playing with their mom" or "The mom is giving the puppies milk", etc.  My favorite, however, came from one little boy who wrote:  "The puppies are teaching the true meaning of Christmas."  

Um.....if you say so! :-)


2 comments:

Mom said...

This was exactly what I needed on a blue day. Thanks for posting something that made me laugh in spite of myself. Please feel free to do it again!

Lindy said...

Yes, little one. I see Jesus in those puppies too.

Hilarious.

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...