Monday, July 5, 2010

Playtime's Over...

So I had a fantastic time in Spain and then at the Santa Cruz beach house with the Klima/Davis clan. We tore ourselves away rather reluctantly, and arrived home around 3:00 pm. After ten days away from my laptop and cell phone I settled down to check my school e-mail and listen to my voice mails.

The first message I saw in my school inbox was titled "Trace Fire". My initial thought was there had been a room fire or something of that nature. The reality, however, is that half of my school burned to the ground early this morning. My classroom, along with fifteen others, our school library, four resource rooms, and a mobile laptop classroom (30 laptops) went up in flames.

I didn't have a large collection of personal items in my classroom, but as I try and list what I lost it becomes more and more real to me. Things will be rebuilt and replaced, and in the meantime I'll do my best to remind myself to be grateful most of what was lost can be restored.





Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...