Friday, June 20, 2014

Due Date Update

So I had my NT screening ultrasound today in which, among other things, the doctors "officially" date the baby. Everything looks good, but my new due date is now Christmas Eve. I was hoping against hope it would be moved back, not forward (so I could work up until Christmas break), but it looks like this one will be born on or around December 10. (They won't let me go past 38 weeks because diabetic moms have a higher probability of sudden fetal death after that point.) I guess it's incentive for me to take the best care of myself possible, so at the least I can wait until 12/12.

(And no, I don't WANT to work until the very end, but teachers here don't pay into disability - which is where most people get their maternity leave - so our maternity leave consists of accrued sick days. At the beginning of the next school year I'll have enough days saved up for five whole weeks of maternity leave, but I'll have to take at least eight, especially if I have another C-section. Consequently, I'm trying to have this baby as late as possible, because the later I wait, the later I have to go back, and we have a really convenient one week break six weeks after the return to school in January. I would really like to go back after that break. Guess we'll see...)

Anyway, the most important thing is that the baby is looking super healthy, so...hooray!

3 comments:

bedelia said...

Congratulations. I'm due on 12/12 but c-sections force me to deliver at 39 weeks. Hopefully, your little one stays healthy so he/she can come at a convenient time. (I have a love/hate relationship with c-sections but a planned date is part of the love.) Did you have a cesarean with the first or just an early induction?

Shalmeno said...

I tried to be induced and after 2.5 days and basically no progress we went for a C-section. I refuse to to put myself through that again, so unless my body is actually ready at 38 weeks (not likely), it will be another C-section. But enough about me - congratulations to you! What are you having?

bedelia said...

From experience, the planned c-sections with no labor are about a million times easier and recovery is much simpler. We find out at the end of July what we are having. the count is currently 4 boys and 1 girl so hoping my daughter gets a sister since this is our last. But she will have a whole slew of boys to protect and defend her if its another boy. Not that she needs it, she holds her own against them now.

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...