Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Focusing on the Positive

Yesterday I received several blessings (tender mercies?  Good stuff, no matter what you call it.)

1.  I injured my thumb/wrist six months ago and it's still not better, so I had a follow up doctor's appointment at 2.  I realized they would most likely do x-rays and I didn't really want to cart Ren around with me for who knows how long, but no one was able to watch him during my appointment time.  RIGHT after I talked with a friend about babysitting, my doctor's office called to reschedule.  So blessing number 1 is a new appointment at 11:30.

2.  My friend Lauren offered to watch the baby while I went to the doctor.

3.  When I got there I found a parking space immediately.  (Unless you've been to Kaiser Santa Clara, you probably don't realize that this is HUGE.)

4.  The doctor saw me, ordered x-rays, and was able to find an open time slot for me to see a surgeon all in the two hours following my appointment with him.

5.  Lauren was totally fine with me being gone longer than originally anticipated.

6.  X-rays confirmed nothing is broken (that's a relief!)

7.  I watched Ren and Lincoln (Lauren's son) while she went to an acupuncture appointment, and they were both near perfect the whole time.  (Phew!)

All in all, it was a pretty fabulous day, and I'm grateful for all the blessings I received.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hurrah for tender mercies! Things like this are proof that Heavenly Father really IS aware of where you are and how things are going at every given moment of your life!

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...