Saturday, November 5, 2011

Work and Pregnancy

So working while being pregnant hasn't been TOO bad, up until the last few weeks, that is.  As a teacher, we don't get normal maternity leave.  We don't pay into disability, so I only get paid for as many sick days as I have saved up (in this case, six weeks' worth.)  These last two weeks have been very difficult and I imagine the next few will be the same, HOWEVER, there have been some unexpected perks.  I don't know if it's because I taught these same students last year or if I just have truly fabulous parents in my classroom, but they are all over their children about treating me well (which they do) AND several of them have given me gifts for the baby.  These were all totally unexpected, and I'm touched by their generosity and love.  Blessings come in many forms, and these are definitely helping make my last few weeks a bit easier.

No comments:

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...