Monday, October 17, 2011

One down, a bunch more to go...

So I had my first non-stress test (NST) today.  I get to go in twice a week from now until the baby comes and sit in an armchair for 30 - 60 minutes with sensors strapped to my stomach.  One measures the baby's heart rate, and one measures me for contractions.

Turns out Scrapper is great.  I, on the other hand, was apparently experiencing very mild but very regular contractions.  The nurse (and I) are hoping it was due to the extra hot day today and me being active and on my feet a lot at school.  She told me to drink more water and rest up.  I'll try, but I'm honestly not sure how much more "rest" I can get while teaching.  Here's hoping Thursday's NST is contraction-free!

No comments:

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...