Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Yosemite!


Last Thursday night we got a call from Shaine and Kevin, inviting us to join them at a campsite in Yosemite. After much seesawing (Athey/Klimas: we apologize for the drama) we ended up going for it. Five hours later we arrived at Hodgdon Meadows. (And I have to say, I finally get at least one reason for the corkboard up by the campsite entrance, and I'm VERY grateful for it! S&K, thank you for the note/directions.) We had a great time lounging around the campfire, headed to bed around midnight, and slept soundly (ha!) in the freezing temperatures.

Saturday morning chef Kevin supplie
d a delicious breakfast, and we all rolled out to the valley. Having never been to Yosemite, may I just say "WOW."

A glimpse of Yosemite Valley:



Everybody marveling at Yosemite Falls:


Yosemite Falls
(and curious onlookers staring at Robb as he lay on the ground for this shot):


Awwwwww.....aren't they cute??? ;-)


El Capitan...
...and the bus.
(Bottom left corner.)


All in all, a fun, relaxing day of sightseeing, "hiking" (aka walking), and wondering at the masses of people in attendance.


1 comment:

madrilenamer said...

Gorgeous!! I need to go there!! I have never been to Yosemite, and you just convinced me that it should be high on my to-experience list.

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...