Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Overachiever, or, in other words: Average, Shmaverage

50th percentile? Average? Not around here - we aim far beyond mediocrity. :-P All of which means to say that this child, who was in the 78th percentile six weeks ago, is now in the 95th plus percentile for size. (And I quote the Ultrasound tech: "We've got all the measurements, let's see what percentile the baby is in…Oh my!" [Me: Is he in the 90th now?] "No, he's in the 95th plus range.") Why measure what is "normal" at 34 weeks when you can measure what's normal for 37? Ha. As the Perinatology OB put it, "You grow 'em big!" Sigh…I mean, hooray! All Ren's clothes should fit this one just right, right?

Guess I'm going through with that planned C-section after all.

1 comment:

bedelia said...

My first was the biggest at 9'10 but they've strangely gotten smaller as my gestational diabetes has gotten worse. My smallest was the 4th at 6'12. I'm hoping this 6th one is 6'10 so I can officially have a 3 lb spread between biggest and smallest. I think she was measuring 65% though 2 weeks ago. I'm scheduled for Dec 4 at noon for my c-section at 39 weeks. How big was Ren? And good luck!

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...