Friday, April 25, 2014

Tell Me a Story

Ren: Mommy, can I tell you a story?
Me: Absolutely!
Ren: Ponce a time there was a engine that came from the smoke.
Me: And what happened next?
Ren: He got water in his boiler and went away.
Me: Was he still smoking?
Ren: No. He went to visit Percy!
Me: Is your engine named Thomas?
Ren: Yes, it's Thomas!

I think I've got a Thomas-obsessed child. I have to say my favorite part of all his stories (he's been doing this a lot lately) is "ponce a time".  :-)

2 comments:

Andrea Harrison said...

Haha! So cute!

Alene Harrison said...

For some reason it makes me remember Ryan, when he was the same age, who pleaded with us for weeks to go (again) to "comton fari" - and he and I were both super-sad because a) we weren't doing what he wanted and b)I couldn't figure out WHAT it was he wanted. Turned out "comton fari" was "Lion Country Safari" where we had gone for a special family day and he loved it. It's a little more of a stretch than "Ponce time" but in another way very similar. I love it!

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...