Thursday, September 17, 2009

30 is how much more than 20?

Much, MUCH more than 10, let me tell you!

I have 30 students this year, and they're kicking my butt. I'm constantly exhausted and feel overwhelmed, even though I've taught third grade three of the past four years AND I have the same students. The district and my school have also been pulling me out of class pretty much every week for professional development, which is another contributing factor to my inner chaos.

Anyway, I realize this is boring, but I thought I'd explain why I haven't got anything interesting to share!!! Here's hoping I return to "normality" sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

bedelia said...

30 is a lot of kids. I use to sub and I would have died with 30 3rd graders. I pretty much couldn't handle anyone over 2nd grade though. Well, I handled them...I just didn't like them. And thanks for the tips on diabetes. It has really helped. In fact, I'm amazed at what exercise does for my blood sugars. I feel like such a dork at 9am walking the mall with 80 year old decrepit men but its doing wonders. thanks.

Unknown said...

Ummm, I beg to differ. What about the fantastic day we spent trying on big fluffy dresses (OK, I tried them on, and you helped me and were the official photographer). And then we had lunch with the scary and genuinely white trash women behind the counter. And the slumber party we had the night before the dress shopping expo? Vanessa...I'm a little hurt that I don't merit as "interesting...".

I'm just kidding! I know you're busy. So much love to you!

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...