Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Story of My Life,

OR Why I Will Never Be a Sexy Mama

Yesterday evening Robb and I walked out of our realtor's office (another post for another day). He was kind enough to tell me he thought I looked really good. He liked my outfit, my eyes were so pretty, and my hair looked really nice, etc.

Caught up in the moment, I decided to play along as we each headed to our cars. I slid my hair out of its ponytail and went for the sexy hair shake...

...and my sunglasses went flying to the ground. Noisily.

At which point I started laughing so hard I cried.

Maybe someday I'll get it down, but for now this type of scene is all-too-common for me to consider myself good at pulling off sexy. Guess I'll just have to stick with cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious. I can see that in my mind, perfectly. Truly funny.

Elizabeth Hancock said...

Hi--

I can totally see myself in this as well! When I should be whispering sweet nothings in my honey's ear, I usually choose to blow a big, fat
"raspberry" on his neck! There's nothing like the sound of flatulence to remove any "sexy" from a moment.

I've begun two blogs for my English classes, but they're not nearly as good as yours (and Drea's): I don't think I know how to "do" them as I should.

I just found out today that, besides 6 hours (?!) of meetings each day this week, my job may be in jeopardy due to the small number of 7th graders...time to dust off the resume--oh, wait! It's so new it's not needing to be dusty! I sure wish there were more on it, though. (SIGH)

TAKE CARE, love you,
Lib

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...