Sunday, December 7, 2008

Newlywed Bliss? aka Shaine, this one's for you

Oh yes, it happened. Today at church a sister touched my stomach and asked me when I'm due.

Now, I realize I've gained 6 pounds over the last 4 1/2 months, but that's not enough to make me look pregnant, SURELY?!? She was incredibly apologetic when I told her "I'm not.", and commented that so many of the young couples in our ward are expecting.....sure. I'm blaming it on my insulin pump. I clip it to the inside of my waistband, but it still pooches out. And yes, the return to the exercise regime has commenced (2 weeks ago, actually - but apparently it wasn't soon enough!!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks V...I feel so much better. It's true! Misery does love company. Now I can giggle with (at?) you rather than sit in the den watching reality TV and eating chocolates and bemoaning my "pitiable" state.

Sarah said...

Honestly, who are these people? Why can't they just rest assured that if, in fact, someone is pregnant, it will be ALL TOO OBVIOUS at some point?

Blessed

We live in an old house that has settled unevenly over the years. As a result, some windows and doors stick while others are difficult to ke...